Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Applied and Engineering Mathematics Laboratory
Website of the Laboratory 【Currently not available】
We pursue ever lasting romance named 'fluid flow'
- Generation mechanism of Bath-tub vortex.
- Pattern formation in Benard convection.
- Numerical simulation of flow in a channel with a suddenly expanded part.
- Stability of pipe flow.
- Stability of flow past an array of cylinders.
- Modeling of the earth's jet stream and its pattern formation.
- Bifurcation of the solution for flow in a spherical shell.
- Miniature car going upwind by wind propulsion.
- Hydraulically-driven toys.
- The interest our group covers a very wide range of fluid mechanics.
- In particular, our attention is focused on the stability of fluid flow.
- Instability of fluid flow accompanies a break in flow pattern symmetry.
- Oscillatory fluid motion may also occur as a result of flow instability.
- We can control such oscillatory fluid motion and a flow patten if the theory of flow stability is appropriately applied.
- Oscillation can also be intentionally induced in a flow by applying the knowledge of the flow stability.